Early settlers in the area had no driven wells, instead going across the Jackson County line to get water there.
The Moscow School, erected in 1867, was torn down in 1930 to make room for a new school In 1965 residents voted to send all students to the Jonesville Schools.
A 2000 Hillsdale County Historical Society Preservation Award was given to Oren and Barbara Holiday for their restoration of the O.J. Fowle building at the corner of US 12 ad Moscow Road.
Carol A. Lackey