Wright Township was late being developed as during its early years much of the land was under the control of speculators.
The township name was changed from Canaan to Wright by act of the Legislature on February 4, 1844.
Electricity came to Wright Township in the early 1900s. Henry Kelley, on the pole, was helping to install electric lighting in Waldron.
Carol A. Lackey