An 1874 Litchfield ad for J.S. Murray, carriage builder, was situated jus west of the square on St. Joe Street. Murray also provided blacksmithing services.

 

 

buggies - Truck & Wagon 2.jpg

 

 

The Truck & Wagon Works, located "on the Hill near Cold Springs" promised to "become one of Hillsdale's best. Unfortunately, a fire in 1913 destroyed most of the plant.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 This advertisement was in the 1872 Hillsdale Business Directory.

This advertisement was in the 1872 Hillsdale Business Directory.

 

Carol A. Lackey